About Labuda Funeral Home
Labuda Funeral Home was founded by John J. Labuda in 1915 and was located on Falls Street in Niagara Falls. John J. was married to Cecilia who became the first female funeral director in Niagara County in 1931.
Labuda Funeral Home moved to its present location at 356 Portage Road in 1946. An addition was added in 1955.
John J. and Cecilia's son, John H. attended Holy Trinity School and graduated from Niagara Falls High School in 1940. John H. entered the army after two years at Niagara University and served as a surgical technician with the 301st Medical Battalion, 76 Infantry Division in the European Theater of World War II. John H. graduated in 1946 from the American Academy of Embalming and Mortuary Research in New York City. Upon his return home, he married his loving wife, Gladys and took over the funeral home after the death of his father.
John H. and Gladys had three daughters and one son, Edward J. Labuda, who followed the family tradition when he graduated from Niagara Falls High School in 1968. Edward enrolled in Miami Dade College, School of Mortuary Science and became a licensed funeral director in 1973. Upon graduating, Edward returned back home and worked with his father who was semi-retired, until his death in 2000.
Edward met his bride Diana in 1977 and they wed in 1979. Edward and Diana work together in the same business as his grandparents and parents did before them, providing the same caring and personal service to the families they serve in their time of need.